ASPACK SOFTWARE - Best Choice Compression and Protection Tools for Software Developers

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> EXE doesn't open after protection
W_Blackwood
post Apr 9 2018, 11:26 AM
Post #1

Group: Expired
Member No.: 16,312

I use trial version of Asprotect and can't protect my files (sent to support by email). After protection of .exe file, it does not open. If I create sfx from both, again does not open after protection.
Any advice?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASPack Support
post Apr 9 2018, 11:53 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2,557

QUOTE (W_Blackwood @ Apr 9 2018, 12:26 PM) *
I use trial version of Asprotect and can't protect my files (sent to support by email). After protection of .exe file, it does not open. If I create sfx from both, again does not open after protection.
Any advice?

We have sent all available information to our developers for an analysis. We will let you know about any results.
You are welcome to share with us any other information that you would like to add concerning the problem as it was stated below.
Thanks.

+Quote Post
W_Blackwood
post Apr 9 2018, 12:34 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (ASPack Support @ Apr 9 2018, 10:53 AM) *
We have sent all available information to our developers for an analysis. We will let you know about any results.
You are welcome to share with us any other information that you would like to add concerning the problem as it was stated below.
Thanks.

Thanks, try build a sfx archive (there are an .exe and a .lim file within the rar archive). Than try protect the sfx.exe with your product.
Please let me know of the outcome. Let me know if you can protect it and send it to me.

+Quote Post
ASPack Support
post Apr 9 2018, 01:08 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

QUOTE (W_Blackwood @ Apr 9 2018, 12:34 PM) *
Thanks, try build a sfx archive (there are an .exe and a .lim file within the rar archive). Than try protect the sfx.exe with your product.
Please let me know of the outcome. Let me know if you can protect it and send it to me.

Could you please try to create your exe file without upx packing and try to protect it.

+Quote Post
W_Blackwood
post Apr 9 2018, 01:11 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (ASPack Support @ Apr 9 2018, 11:08 AM) *
Could you please try to create your exe file without upx packing and try to protect it.

I don't know how: my resulted files are an .exe and a .lim file, they only work together.

Would appreciate any suggestions

+Quote Post
ASPack Support
post Apr 9 2018, 01:19 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

QUOTE (W_Blackwood @ Apr 9 2018, 02:11 PM) *
I don't know how: my resulted files are an .exe and a .lim file, they only work together.

Would appreciate any suggestions

Could you please tell us what compiling software do you use in your project?

+Quote Post
W_Blackwood
post Apr 9 2018, 01:40 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (ASPack Support @ Apr 9 2018, 12:19 PM) *
Could you please tell us what compiling software do you use in your project?

I do not know. I use iCurator pro.

+Quote Post
ASPack Support
post Apr 9 2018, 03:28 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

QUOTE (W_Blackwood @ Apr 9 2018, 01:40 PM) *
I do not know. I use iCurator pro.

Your software is prepared with a side software iCurator which modifies it and packs it with UPX compressor and therefore if it is unzipped by a regular UPX unpacker it turns into not-working program with an "Unable to access resource data" error.
Unfortunately, you cannot protect your software which was prepared by a side packer or software. You need to have a clean compiled executable in order to make a protection with a help of any ASP product.
If you would have any problems with protection of a clean executable please let us know.
Thank you for contacting our support group.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th December 2019 - 09:48 PM