ASPACK SOFTWARE - Best Choice Compression and Protection Tools for Software Developers

Welcome Guest ( Log In )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GetHardwareID with different results
Det20
post Mar 18 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #1

Group: Expired
Member No.: 8,077

I have a very annoying problem. In my app i use GetHardwareID to unique identify the installation of my application. My application is always started as user and have 3 modes, where one mode is "Free to try". But some times the result of GetHardwareID is different, from one moment to the other without changing the hardware, without change the user (Logoff) or without restart the application.

For example: Create a form, place a timer on it with interval of 5 seconds. Now, in "OnTimer" write the result of GetHardwareID to a log file. Let the application run > 6 hours and check the log file. Now you can see, that many times the GetHardwareID is different than the result of the first time you start the application.

I need a fast workaround, please, because many installations are blocked because my server "think", that the key was stolen (because of the same key with different GetHardwareID). I don't understand how GetHardwareID works. If you only takes the ID from HDD or Mainboard, the result should never change. But it does. And i doesn't change UAC, User/Admin ... ohmy.gif
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ASP Admin
post Mar 21 2017, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,626

Hello,

HardwareID is used to generate keys to be used on a particular computer (keys with locking to the hard disk). Please note that HardwareID can be different for users with administrator rights and without such rights. If you need HardwareID to remain the same, use GetHardwareIDEx.

GetHardwareIDEx this function retrieves the unique computer identifier, if different locking objects are specified for the modes.
Locking objects include Network Cards, BIOS Information, Central Processor, Operation System, Hard drive parameters, and S.M.A.R.T. information.

You can find more information about it in help.

+Quote Post
Det20
post Mar 21 2017, 10:11 AM
Post #3

Group: Expired
Member No.: 8,077

QUOTE (ASP Admin @ Mar 21 2017, 11:04 AM) *
Hello,

HardwareID is used to generate keys to be used on a particular computer (keys with locking to the hard disk). Please note that HardwareID can be different for users with administrator rights and without such rights. If you need HardwareID to remain the same, use GetHardwareIDEx.

GetHardwareIDEx this function retrieves the unique computer identifier, if different locking objects are specified for the modes.
Locking objects include Network Cards, BIOS Information, Central Processor, Operation System, Hard drive parameters, and S.M.A.R.T. information.

You can find more information about it in help.

I use 2 Modes, one of them is "freeversion" (Active Mode without Activation Keys). Because Free doesn't use Activation Keys, i can't select "Use Hardware Locking".
Without "Use Hardware Locking" i can't use GetHardwareIDEx.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th December 2019 - 05:06 AM